Today’s businessman or woman is extremely busy. There are so many things that must be done, and not enough time to do them. We have all felt that crunch. So, I don’t mean to load you down with more junk for your to-do list. However, if you want to stay on top in the SEO game, it will require some daily participation from you, or someone in your company. I want to give you a six-pack of daily SEO tasks that will help ensure that your website is at its best. They aren’t difficult, and don’t require a great deal of time. So let’s get to it.
- Write a Blog Entry: This is a great way to update your content daily and connect with your customers on a regular basis. It doesn’t have to be long and drawn out. You can write something simple, short, funny, insightful, informative, or offer someone a daily deal. The important thing is that you stay at it. Not only does this help you connect with your customers, it gives the search engines something to crawl on your site everyday! They will reward you for that.
- Check Your E-mail: You want to look for any link exchange requests that are coming your way, and respond to these quickly. Make sure you choose wisely though. Your links should be relevant to your site, from a page with decent page rank (or the potential for it), and to a site with 20 or fewer links on its page. That helps you stay away from link farms and scammers.
- Try Your Links: Go through your site and make sure that all of your links actually work. If any are broken, fix them. Also, if you have too many links, or outdated links that are no longer relevant, purge them accordingly. You also want to re-order your links if necessary to make sure the best ones are first.
- Put Yourself in Their Shoes: Pretend you are a customer. Log in, browse the site, and try to purchase something. Make sure every aspect is working correctly. The difference between a ho-hum site and a stellar one is making sure that the customer has exactly what they need, when they need it, and that their browsing experience is pleasant.
- Watch the Rankings: Your page rank can change suddenly as your site becomes more visible, viable, or valuable to the search engine world. Take a quick glance over the Big 3 on some of your most cherished keywords and see what is happening. Over time, this will help you learn if your SEO efforts have been fruitful or if you need to switch it up. Also, you can keep an eye on your competition and how they are doing. Then you will have a better chance of staying on top.
- Get some Feedback: This is vitally important for growth. Read the comments on your forums, blogs, or anywhere users might talk to each other or to you. Also, you could ask a friend to tell you what they think about your site. Pay attention to the constructive feedback. Take the rest with a grain of salt.
That should be plenty to keep you busy, especially with everything else you have to do in a day. However, just investing this small amount of time will help you maintain and increase your search engine rankings and site usability. That’s worth a few minutes, isn’t it?