THIS MOD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. PLEASE USE THE MOD PROVIDED BY AUCTIONINC.COM AVAILABLE ON THEIR WEBSITE.
There have been two things that Zen Cart has been lacking for quite some time that I’ve really been looking forward to: (1) a DHL shipping module, and (2) drop shipping support. With the release of the AuctionInc Shipping module, now Zen Cart store owners can have both, for free. The XS API offered by AuctionInc allows you to assign each product to a shipping origin (a dropship supplier) and then receive rates from FedEx, DHL, UPS, and USPS using combinations of these shipping origins. For those who do not have multiple shipping origins and only want to offer these carriers as options to their customers can use the standard SS API.
How to setup shipping origins:
1) Install Numinix Product Fields. This module is needed in order to be able to add the new field to the product’s page in the admin.
2) Install Multiple Address Manager and create your origins. This module allows you to create/store each of your shipping origin addresses. Each address is given a unique origin code (created by the admin).
3) Assign a shipping origin to each product by selecting from the dropdown of previously created shipping origins in step (2) by using the Zen Cart product’s module in the admin.
4) Install/configure AuctionInc Shipping. And you are ready to go!
Optional 5th step) For dimensional shipping support, also install the optional dimensions fields from the Numinix Product Fields mod and Attribute Dimensions mod.
Possible future developments to this module?
- support for the Shipping Boxes Manager