The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of your website is the go-to destination for finding answers to specific questions about a particular product or service.
It should be the first place a customer visits before deciding to contact your company directly.
This page not only makes the purchasing process easier and quicker for the customer, but it also removes obstacles for the seller too.
Below are just some of the benefits to including a FAQ page on your site.
- Relieves some of the burden on customer support
- Helps customers to avoid purchasing anxieties by answering their questions before they have to ask them
- Improves Search Engine Optimization (SEO)*
*You might be wondering how having a FAQ page helps your SEO. Although a lot of sites simply answer their FAQs in a question/answer list form, by hyperlinking each question to its own page, you can make your site even more search-friendly and better in the eyes of Google. Even if a customer isn’t on your site to begin with, if they are searching Google for an answer to a specific question that you have provided, your site is more likely to get found.
When thinking about which FAQ to include and how you might answer them, these pointers might come in useful:
- Write your questions from your customer’s perpective, e.g. ‘How do I…’
- Images and screenshots often explain an answer better than words
- End an answer with a call to action, which links to other pages on your site
- Always frame the answer positively
Used strategically, your FAQ can add a lot of value in different ways. For more information on how we can help you to improve your website, request a quote today.