Investing in e-commerce is a strategic move if you’re a business owner hoping to stand out from your industry competition. After all, the online world is constantly evolving and with new, innovative technology and tactics, it’s important to stay on top of the changes. While you probably already know that enticing web designs are a good way to draw in customers, you may not know about these other approaches that keep your consumers coming back for more.
Offer an assortment of delivery options
There is nothing that an online shopper wants more than speed and flexibility when it comes to delivery. So, that’s why you’ve got to strive to be like the big names and ensure that your orders are shipped to your customers as promptly as possible. We’re living in a fast-paced world and if you’re not able to get your orders out quick enough, the chances are that people will go elsewhere to make their purchases. That being said, these are some delivery statistics that you need to consider:
- 50% of online have tried ship-to-store
- 41% of online shoppers have ordered a same-day delivery product
- 23% of online orders offer a two-day shipping method
- 45% of consumers seek convenient pickup locations
- 63% of online shoppers select their products based on delivery speed
Since consumers today have nothing but choice, the above statistics are incredibly important if you’re to compete in the world of e-commerce. So, how can you strive to improve your delivery options?
- Offer your customers multiple speed and price options
- Offer your customers multiple courier options
- Ship to multiple addresses in one order
- Ship to alternative locations with extended pick-up hours
- Offer gift ordering options like gift notes
- Offer ship-to-store and other local pick-up options
Online shopping should be a vibrant experience
Part of investing in e-commerce is touching on every aspect of your website and transforming it to better serve its consumers. This means that if you want customers to carry through with purchases, your website navigation needs to be simple and aesthetically driven through the use of colourful text and dramatic imagery. After all, giving your company a voice is important if you want to establish your brand.
So, the first thing you want to do before committing to a particular e-commerce investment is to ask yourself the following questions:
- How is your product copy? Is the description vibrant and concise? Does it tell the customer everything they want to know about the product?
- Is there a variety of photos of each product? Has every possible angle been considered? How good is the image quality?
- Did you include a video? Does it help the consumer to desire the product?
Investing in e-commerce betters the shopping experience for the consumer and it helps you to gain some traction within your industry niche. In the end, the e-commerce game comes down to the survival of the fittest and the fittest competitors are always the ones who’re spending time and money building up their brand.
Do you know any other methods that business owners can use in terms of development and design? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.