As a first-time business owner, it’s easy to get caught up in the hype when it comes to creating elaborate product copy or simplistic navigation. Although these website features are some of the most crucial elements of your online presence, supporting pages like your “About Us” section serves a key purpose when it comes to branding, attracting a target audience and creating a sense of trust within the industry. Whether you use this section to write the entire history of your company, talk about your mission as a business owner or simply just state what your service stands for, when a visitor wants insight into your professional ventures, this should be the page that they can utilize to answer their questions.
What the About Us page is for?
Your “About Us” page is the space for your founding story and it’s also a place for you to show off your business achievements. While many business owners bury their “About Us” page within a random footer at the bottom of their website, others simply write a few poor paragraphs talking about the origin company. Needless to say, this profound section of your website should be best reserved to talk about the business and highlight the biggest selling points of your story and brand. So, that being said, why not wow your customers by making a strong impression?
Here are some examples of what you could include:
- The story of your business and why you started it.
- Discuss how your business best serves its clientele.
- Talk about how your products are made.
- Feature some information on all the members of your team in order to put a face to your business.
How should you structure your “About Us” page?
If your goal is to set the stage with your branding, your “About Us” page needs to have compelling storytelling. Here are some tips that you can use to craft a narrative that’s both professional and effortless to read.
- Set the scene by introducing yourself to your audience. Make sure to include how long you’ve been in business, where your inspiration came from and talk a little about how your product or service fits into the industry.
- Describe the industry problem that encouraged you to take action.
- Talk a little about the obstacles that you crossed. This adds some insight into your journey as a business owner.
- Talk about your future goals. What do you hope to achieve as your company grows?
Do you need help getting your web design started? Aside from creating your “About Us” page we’re equipped with the skill and knowledge to develop a variety of plugins and installation upgrades on your e-commerce platform
What is your favorite element in the “About Us” space of a website? Drop a comment below to share your thoughts.
Alex Wilks is the Social Media & Content Creator for Trek Marketing. Her work has been featured on Global News, Black Press Media, andthe Kwantlen Chronicle