In today’s digital era, your website needs to have the right automation tools to help you to keep up with the developing needs of your customers. Since there’s a vast assortment of A.I. assistance available to help you save time, communicate efficiently with your customers and suppliers, as well as enhance your online presence, you must invest in these web infrastructures to help you reap the rewards and benefits of website automation for your business. Here’s some information to get you started.
What’s website automation?
Website automation is the concept of letting software robots perform actions, tasks, and processes that involves a web browser or web application. When the above processes can automatically perform their operations and achieve speed and efficiency levels without human intervention, then a website has managed to successfully reach their automated development goals.
How is website automation improving lives?
Nearly every industry is slowly integrating aspects of automation, from assembly to manufacturing and everything in between. Since automation is noticeably improving the way we orchestrate our daily lives, how can business owners apply this technology and harness it in their website’s development?
- Safer workplaces: While automation is commonly seen as negative among the workforce for stealing jobs and eliminating positions, the reality is that bringing automation to the workplace is making it a safer place to be. This technology has the power to take over risky and repetitive tasks that have the potential to lead to injury or death, effectively removing human workers from dangerous situations.
- Increases productivity: When people think of automation in any form, they often think of robot arms working a factory assembly line. However, it’s often software tasks that are automated to free up time that can be better spent on tasks that require human oversight.
- Increases the value of human labour: Whether you choose to purchase a machine-brewed coffee from a vending machine, or have a barista make a fancy, hand-made brew, the truth is that people often spend more for the unique experience, which makes the creativity of human skills far more valuable since the dawn of automation.
Which industries are welcoming automation with open arms?
While some businesses are not convinced that automation production is a good fit, others are heavily investing in automation technology to improve their industries.
Here are some that you can expect to see soon:
- Microsurgery and other elements of healthcare and medicine.
- Improved pet care, such as dental work.
Here are some that are happening right now:
- The finance industry is already using automation to help online users to budget and pay their routine expenses.
- The tech industry is flourishing through the use of website automation, adopting this new form of technology to better serve their customers in different time zones, or have tasks performed promptly.
How has website automation become the new norm?
Since the internet has become an essential part of any business, website automation is vital. Automation can handle important, routine tasks in the job which frees up your time to take on more important responsibilities and projects.
Here are some common website actions that are automated to help business owners:
- Clicking a button: Button displays on websites often use automation once clicked, navigating the user to a different page on the site, confirming their data entry, and even canceling a navigational action.
- Website login: Some websites require you to set up an account to shop for their products and services, and since they’re password protected, this is a form of automation. An example of this is a bank portal, where credentials are needed to enter the system.
- Website navigation: Being able to move to a selected control, scroll down a page, or determine which links to click are all a part of the process that once identified, can be made into a repeatable automation process.
- Webform fill outs: This is a great way for websites to automate repetitive tasks, as the source data may come from another application screen. This means that it can automatically be entered into the online form through the process of auto-filling the data.
- Compliance and security tasks: This would include automating privacy policies and terms and conditions using generators, automating security and database updates, autosaving database backups, and auto-syncing data from your site into your email database.
- Newsletter signups: Building an email list is a very beneficial way for you to increase the conversions on your website. Although, it can be challenging to gain prospective clients through other business channels. However, website automation has revolutionized email collection through the use of automatic pop-ups, scroll bars, download buttons, and even sponsored social media ads that give the business owner permission to send content to that email. On another note, there are other ways that automated email marketing is changing the way you can conduct business, such as sending welcome emails when a new subscriber signs up, sending weekly blog entries or popular blog submissions automatically to an active email list, or sending a once-a-month coupon code that is automatically generated to allow customers to save 5% or more on their next purchase.
- Reviews generation: Since reviews are an essential part of your business an automated prompt is an easy way to encourage customers to leave reviews and will also help by automatically sending them to you rather than having to dig around in your emails. Customer review automation also helps to provide you with honest feedback on where your services might be currently lacking.
- Order fulfillment: Investing in a comprehensive order management system (OMS) that hooks up directly to your website is one of the best-selling channels for order fulfillment. Aside from having the ability to connect with a supplier warehouse, it will also make picking and packing tasks easier for when you’re in a high-demand shopping season, as efficiency and accuracy are essential in positive customer experiences.
- Social media management tools: Everyone knows that social media provides vital channels to bring customers to your website, and automating some processes will help you to better optimize your social funnel. It’s a good idea to automatically pull in your social feeds by scheduling a social media calendar that will allow you to pre-schedule posting to a dashboard to run on times that you may not be free to post.
What is product feed and why should it be automated?
In the most basic form, product data feeds (aka product feeds or shopping feeds) are CSV, TXT, or XML files containing product information. These are used by popular product marketing channels like Amazon, Google, and Facebook to take in merchants’ product data to display product listings, which is required before you can submit your data to the above shopping channels and more. Although, while the majority of e-commerce campaigns employ product feeds, many go through the brunt work of manually entering their product data rather than automating it.
Thus, if you want to be a power seller in your niche industry, utilize the following benefits to your advantage through this type of website automation:
- Better quality scores
- Data accuracy
- Flexible product data
One way or another, if you sell products or services online, you’re going to use product feeds, so why not use an automation tool?
What other website automation tools have you found success with? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.