With so many web development modules to choose from in Numinix’s plugin library, it can be challenging to know which ones are the best picks to improve your website. While the plugin’s functionality is the primary thing that entrepreneurs focus on, choosing the right type of plugin is also crucial for the speed, security, and user-friendliness of your website as well. Below we’ve highlighted two website plugin recommendations that are worth taking into consideration.
Why are plugins so important?
In our expert opinion, plugins are the building blocks of your website and create much of the groundwork needed to have the functionality one expects with a professional e-commerce site. Whether you want your email signup stylized as a popup, a faster website, or an improved search engine ranking, all the above and move are functionalities that possess the potential to be improved through the addition of plugins.
Keep in mind that while there are thousands of free plugins available to be downloaded, many require updates and management to maintain their optimal performance, which is why it’s worth opting in to have a web development company handle this for you.
Below are best practices that will help you select the perfect website plugins:
- Less is more with website plugins: Plugins take up space and slow down your site by some amount, so it’s important that each active plugin serves a beneficial purpose for your website.
- Website plugins need regular updates: While anymore with the knowledge of plugins can ensure they’re updating regularly, developers can add new functionality to existing website plugins, patch security holes, and fix bugs, all with the purpose of improving web performance.
- Be sure your website plugins have a purpose: Plugins have a ton of cool functions, and since each installed module slows down your site, ensure that your selection enhances the visitor’s experience and celebrates your brand.
- Avoid overlapping website plugins: While each plugin differs to some degree, some possess overlapping services, which is why it’s important to condense your website plugins by picking the best options to take up the valuable space.
- Consider code rather than a stand-alone website plugin: If your choice of plugin only performs a minor function, it may be easier to whip up some code for the function rather than installing a stand-alone plugin.
A list of Numinix’s must-have website plugins
Our selection of signature plugins offer an assortment of possibilities for extending your website’s capabilities, and now that you’re armed with the knowledge, you’ll be well on your way to making informed decisions about which plugins belong on your business website.
Google Search Product Feeder
The Google Search Product Feeder is an intuitive website plugin that allows you to submit products to Google Product Search so that they can be exposed to a larger audience. As a premium plugin, expect speediness and a simplistic method of accessing Google Merchant Centre for inclusion of search results. How does it work, you ask? Well, this website plugin tool generates data within Google Merchant Centre which can then be imported into the product catalog before becoming a Google Shopping advertisement.
- Supports product attributes like UPC, ISBN, EAN, GTIN, JAN, and all required attributes for apparel products.
- Supports additional product images
- Can be used for multiple languages
- Compatible with Bing and Yahoo Shopping
And so much more!
One Page Responsive Checkout
The One Page Responsive Checkout is an inventive website plugin that upgrades your Zen Cart checkout system to include a more modern layout and functional checkout process that is bound to increase the conversion rate of your store. Its usability makes it simple for customers to complete their purchase, regardless of the device or browser they use. With minimal site changes to implement and a speedy, one-click checkout process, your dropoff rates are about to get much lower with this handy website plugin!
- One page checkout
- Guest checkout
- Responsive CSS
- No page reloads
- Login with Facebook
- Shipping address slot during registration
And so much more!
What other plugins do you find most beneficial to your business? Drop a comment below to share.