Are you considering the opportunity to outsource web development and work alongside a company locally or internationally? Whether you’re a startup business or a large-scale brand, building and/or revamping a website is no simple task, which is why it’s important to find a high-quality vendor through a great screening process. So, if you’re on the fence about why outsourcing is a good idea or need some tips for interviewing, read below for an overview so that you outsource your web development the right way.
What has held you back from outsourcing your web development in the past?
Whether you own a small, medium, or large e-commerce business, each entrepreneur has their reasoning for keeping development projects in-house. While Numinix Web Development Inc. is here to set the stage for a wonderful outsourcing experience, we do understand that there may be some potential pitfalls and concerns that may be holding you back from a business partnership:
- You’ve had a negative experience with a previous company.
- You’re concerned that communication will be restricted due to language barriers, cultural differences, or that different time zones.
- Unsure of the service quality or final result.
- Fear of lacking control over a large project.
- Unsure of providing developers with your company’s confidential data.
Let’s assist in eliminating all of the above worries by explaining how to outsource your website development the right way so that it’s handled professionally.
What are some reasons why you should outsource web development?
Aside from some simply lacking the knowledge of code, below are some vital reasons that your e-commerce company should consider outsourcing work:
- Quicker process: There are a lot of technical elements that go into the design, prep, development, testing, and maintenance stages of creating or revamping an e-commerce website.
- Risk management and mitigation: It may come as a surprise but just because you’ve opted to outsource your website’s development, doesn’t mean that your ideas are cut out of the finished product. You will be encouraged to provide input during ongoing communication periods and nothing will be published live without your consent.
- More flexibility: The majority of web development companies work in compliance with flexible software development methodologies which means that the framework is broken down into small parts, organized, and adapted to as needed throughout the project.
- Scalability: Scaling a web project requires a team with vast experience and manpower otherwise your website’s traffic, conversion rates, and sales may suffer during the process.
- Ongoing support: Most professional web development companies want to create a growing relationship with their clients. This means that as the technical parts of a project grow and change, there is further potential for a partnership between companies with new services that benefit the e-commerce brand (ex. Market research, competitor analysis, design work, etc.)
- Better security: IT security breaches can and will happen if you don’t properly protect your website. An experience dev team will spend added time with your code and processes to ensure that all web applications are protected as well as back up, store, and track important information.
- You can focus on other elements of your business: When you outsource web development it’s easier to dedicate time to other core business operations such as marketing, promotion, sales, building networks, events, and customer service.
Steps to starting your outsourcing process
Before hunting for a web development team to outsource your projects to, we recommend finalizing a list of the goals you hope to achieve and another list of project needs. After this part of the brainstorming phase is complete, the research phase begins.
- Write out a general outline of what you want in terms of digital web projects.
- Alongside goals, be sure to include tech requirements.
- Develop some questions to use during the pre-screening process.
- Understand your budget.
Great you’ve now done your research and are prepared to start looking for a company to outsource your web development workload to. For all the companies that interview well, we recommend checking the following aspects as well to ensure the best fit for you.
- Peruse their portfolio to see where they have experience.
- Ensure their team has lots of tech specialization and capabilities.
- Read company reviews.
Whether you conduct an in-person, phone, or video interview, there are other elements you can consider or ask for during these processes as well:
- Is it easy to communicate with them?
- Does it seem like they would be supportive?
- Were you able to request deliverables such as code samples, design samples, etc.?
- Did you check any of their references?
- Are they local? If not, do they have a local representative?
Don’t worry about asking too many questions. Most web development companies welcome a client that’s prepared and knows exactly what they’re looking for.
In regards to web development outsourcing, were there any further questions you need us to answer? Please drop them below for a prompt, professional reply.